Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas is amazing

...we had goose for Christmas, with dumplings, a lovely stuffing with chestnuts and red cabbage. Delicious! A lovely tree, nice gifts (yet still no puppy) and a nice quiet time - apart from us trying out the Wii we gave each other for Christmas. And we had snow. *YAY*

On the 25th, we went to ze boyfriends family for the boyfriends dad's birthday. Nothing else is taken care of, but the birthday of the dad. Cause clearly, there's nothing more important than the birthday of the dad. Throughout the whole year. I went because ze boyfriend wanted me to, so... things you do for love...

The funnest bit was, as always, the grandpa. He's the coolest 89 year old gentleman on earth. However, our conversation started about my recent migraine problems. Quite innocent conversation. It then moved on to him telling me about a friend of his, who got some herbal remedy to treat the migraines but now had breast cancer. And how nowadays you hear more and more about breast cancer, not like back in the day. I then said that I was told that if you breastfeed it minimizes the chance of getting breast cancer, and a lot of women nowadays don't breastfeed anymore. Grandpa's comment: yes, they don't want to get saggy boobs!

Erm. Yes, I guess? (Mind you, this whole conversation was held in DUTCH)

Then he told me how one of his daughter's in law didn't want to breast feed either, because of the droopy tit syndrome. *AWKWARD* I'm happy I've not met this woman yet.

Then he goes on to tell me that there are actually women out there who have proper boobs but no nipples, therefore can't breastfeed.

Luckily, that was the moment when dinner was ready to be served.

No comments:

Post a Comment