Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Soap Opera

Since starting my work in a Soap shop, my social life has increased tremendously. It's fun to work in a team, yet also very tiring sometimes. I'm an old fart compared to most of the girls, and I'm also aware of my impact on the business. Meaning: Everyone is replaceable.

However, the soap selling soap opera queens in my shop beg to differ. They are the next best thing to sliced bread - not all of them, but 3 of the 14 love the drama. 2 left the shop now after working there for 2 years and just knowing everything you need to know to make a shop run well. Apart from the fact that, erm, the shop was a mess until 6 months ago?

We have one special drama queen in the shop that makes everybody else's life miserable. Meet the 23 year old girl that acts like a 15 year old. Including the temper tantrums, hissy fits and the odd 'I asked one boss, and she said no, so I'll just ask the other one and try to play them up against each other'. Unfortunately (for her) her actions are so transparent - you can see what she's doing while she's doing it. Trying to be manipulative when you're too dumb to do it right is just a shame.

The rest of the team is chaotic but lovely. We need to find a solution to get rid of her. Unfortunately, nobody was strict with her before, and therefore we need to do the dirty work now. That shall be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment