Friday, November 6, 2009

Humidity

I lived in a few countries. Among them was the UK. A country known for its lush (ha!) green countryside and the fact that most citizens have webbed hand and toes cause it is pissing down with rain roughly 380 days per year. At least that's what it felt like.

Now, after that I was back in Berlin. The city that is gray 9 months of the year (roughly) and then has a few sunny-crazy-hot-everybody-is-outside-and-loves-it months that definitely make up for the grayness.

The Netherlands. Another lovely country. Full of cows, sheep, green pastures (no hills though), horseys and fresh air.

This week, it rained so much I felt like I was stuck in a car wash. Since Sunday afternoon, it's been wet. Rain caused the boyfriend to be a sick puppy for two days this week (awwwww!), I woke up to the sound of rain Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday I saw the lightning and heard the thunder of the storm over the sea and couldn't bike to work yesterday cause it was PISSING down so hard that there was no way I'd shrug it off with my typical: I'm not made out of sugar, I won't melt.

Rain is unlimited in the Netherlands, I am now sure of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment