Sunday, November 1, 2009

Chaos or just lack of organization?

I had a lovely and very interesting week at my new job last week. Three days spent in Amsterdam, one in the Headquarters of the Benelux, asking the people responsible for the whole party all kinds of questions (I love asking questions!!!) and then two days working on the shopfloors of the two shops in Amsterdam, to get an idea of what's going on and how the atmosphere is different from ours here in Den Haag.

It was fun, but very tiring: on top of the three days we had plans for three nights - Tuesday night the surprise that turned out to be a sushi clinic (we had Sushi for the rest of the week, it was really cool!), Thursday an evening at the 'affordable art fair' in Amsterdam (loads of not my kind of art plus really heavy hurting legs plus horrible wine resulted in a short visit, but nevertheless interesting), Friday evening to a graduation get-together for one of his old roomies.

Saturday morning was pretty much hell for me. I got up at 8am, was REALLY grumpy thanks to the sleep deprivation and the fact that I had a long day ahead of me including a stock take that same evening before going to a Philippino Birthday party. So, I get up, take a shower, get dressed up for Halloween (Sheriff, but I looked very much like the Rosie O'Donnell type of Lesbian - not sexy, not in the mood). Biked to work, just to be greeted by Mayane with the words: What are you doing here so early? You're not supposed to come in before 1pm.

ARGH! DAMNIT!!!

I need to be better organized. I will dig out my filo and start writing down what time I need to show up.

The rest of the day, including the birthday party, were then quite fun. After I had a major barking fit at ze boyfriend because of in-laws, lack of sleep and general exhaustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment