Sunday, October 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Germany...

it's German Reunification Day...amazing, how I was born into a world of cold war and a parted Germany, and now it's the 20th time that we celebrate the wall coming down. Despite all the Nay-sayers and the definite downsides the Reunification had for the former Western part of Germany, and all the former Eastern Germans who still believe that their regime rocked their socks off - I am a sucker for reunions, and love it.

I loved living in Berlin, it was great to be right in the middle, to breath and live in recent history.

Happy Birthday, Germany. I'm proud of you, and I love being German.

I celebrated the German Reunification Day in Rotterdam with a beautiful, beautiful concert http://www.dedoelen.nl/concertgebouw/index.php?go=agenda.showAgendaDetail&idnr=4262

(Kurtág Songs of Sorrow and Despair were a bit tough on the ear, but other than that, it was fantastic...)

No comments:

Post a Comment